Thread: Tasteless Jokes
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #483
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

@ Classic. Ok, ya got me.

I've been mulling this over. Wondering why it is that your joke pissed me off yet I can happily read through this thread and not blanch at the anti-semitic, sexist and racist jokes throughout.

I think possibly because the anti-semitic jokes and the jokes about 'niggers' are so off the wall, so over the top and so unacceptable both in mainstream culture and Cellar culture that they fall under the category of 'ironic racism'. I read those jokes and am fairly sure that the poster doesn't actually subribe to those sentiments.

But every joke you post in this thread is anti-muslim. And that one you've posted twice.

It's starting to feel less like you posting tasteless jokes and more like you using this as a forum for anti-muslim sentiment.

Maybe I'm wrong. But anti-muslim humour and anti-muslim sentiment is pretty much mainstream in general culture as in the Cellar. So I don't read those jokes and assume that the poster is being ironic, unless the poster is one I feel fairly sure is not anti-muslim.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote