Thread: The Human Brain
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #7
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I am able to dissect my early-morning dreams like owl pellets.
They contain something which I have done, thought of, read or watched the previous day. Sometimes it's quite scrambled, and it's never in context, but I can work out where 90% of the main contents/ themes are from.

Not so much for real night-time dreams.

This morning I dreamed I was drinking a collegue's really expensive birthday champagne, straight from the bottle, because she is teetotal and gave it to me. It connected with Limey's suggestion that there should be a really good adult soft drink, which I was thinking of before I went to bed, pondering on flavours. Also that the staffroom polished off a birthday cake brought into work from a teacher without a sweet tooth.

I also dreamed Mum was questioning what I have in my wardrobe, asking about my clothes - she said I had a whole new set of clothes and she wondered where they came from given I have so little money. The guilt comes from the fact I hid the empty bottles of wine I won at the May Fayre in there. The rest comes from her asking me personal questions yesterday (about ladies' issues) AND a walking to work daydream about winning money and not telling anyone AND the fact I wore a skirt she hadn't seen before to school at the beginning of the week.

You see. It's easy to tease apart. It just has it's own logic.