Thread: Cool Weapons
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 06:14 PM   #300
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
To me, the .22 Ruger is the gold standard for that size of handgun. Pretty cheap, plenty of ammo. I have never seen or shot a .17HMR. I have found over the years and the ownership of over 30 various firearms that the exotic the round, the more expensive they are are to use, shoot, and practice with. The Ruger with a Bull Barrel is the bomb and a tack driver. I also have a Ruger 10/22 Rifle with a bull barrel and can put rounds from previous shots in the same hole with a scope from 75 yards. Worth every penny in cost. But these are both Bull Barrel guns which I think makes a difference. JMHO.

Gun fanatics are like people who work out at the gym or diet experts, they all think they know better than anyone else with similar experience. I will never claim that.
Man, When I owned my 30-40 Krag/Jorgensen (A really gorgeous gun with amazing sights) the rounds cost $1.15 a piece and that was in 1983. a box of 20 rounds was like $25 dollars. I think I had to work like 4 hours to earn that much money then.