View Single Post
Old 12-29-2001, 04:29 PM   #166
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

The singer for VAST sounds a bit like Robert Smith. I remember hearing a song by them on the radio, and Rho and I originally mistook them for the Cure.

I'm in a grungy mood today...but I'm quite clean thanks.

Alice in Chains--Dirt: Dham and I were extolling the greatness of this CD earlier today. Just a great rock CD--easily one of the best of the 90s.

Nirvana--In Utero: When I think about Kurt Cobain now, I get sad, then I get pissed off. I was on my way to a CD store when the news came over the radio that he had killed himself in '94. I didn't worship the ground he walked on, but I thought he was a great musician that changed the face of music as we know it (for better or worse). It's just a shame that he felt suicide was the only way to escape his pain. Another great CD...even better than Nevermind. It also has one of the most intense songs I've ever heard--"Milk It."

Soundgarden--Ultramega OK: Their first full-length CD. Rather than sign with a major, they jumped from Sub Pop to SST (another outstanding indie) in 1988. The CD wound up being nominated for a Grammy. Amazing, b/c 1) Not a whole heck of a lot of indie-label records get a nomination and 2) Soundgarden was only primarily known in the Northwest and on the underground scene at that point. Raw, loud, and featuring the trademark Chris Cornell wail.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote