View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #2745
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
No, this is what you said:
Yes, and as I said I was generalizing.....

Quote:
Right there, you are saying that me and the rest of the Americans who fall into that 47% statistical group should have no voice in how government spending is appropriated.

You can't have it both ways. I agree that people who pay into "the system" feel more invested in it or "responsible" as you would say, but as I and others here have pointed out to you, Americans pay plenty of taxes despite the fact that some temporarily do not have to pay the Federal Income Tax.
No what I have said and always said is the everyone should pay something and no one should pay nothing because they are not invested.

Quote:
...resentful of your tax burden as well as government oversight and regulation of big buisnesses both here and at home, with the petroleum companies as just one example. That to me sounds like a weight challenged cat who owns oil shares among other things.
Yes resentful; no I don't own oil shares; no not a cat.

Quote:
Paying taxes is not a criteria of mine for defining "fat cats", and you are the one who suggested that people in the lower 47% should not have a say in government spending, thus disenfranchising them.
"disenfranchising"... your words, not mine. All I want is everyone to pay something to be invested. I could care less if you make $20,000 a year or $20,000,000 a year, everyone should pay something equal in percent of their income and close all the loop holes.