View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #261
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Oh God, y'all, please don't elect Perry. Please.

He only ascended to governor because he was next in line when Bush Jr. left office mid-term to be president. And then the next time an election came around, he was already the incumbent, so there was no real competition allowed in the primary, and that's been the story ever since. (And we don't elect Democrats around here, everyone knows that.)

If you thought Bush was bad, trust me, you do not want Perry.
The man doesn't even understand the Texas' constitution please don't expect him to understand the US one!
“Texas is a unique place. When we came into the union in 1845, one of the issues was that we would be able to leave if we decided to do that,” Perry said. “My hope is that America and Washington in particular pays attention. We’ve got a great union. There’s absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, who knows what may come of that.”

Texas DOES NOT have the right to leave the union. It can divide into more states.

He wants to spend state funds on a X-tian prayer meeting! Yeah, lets just forget the whole "separation of church and state" thing or the fact that our state is already facing a $27 BILLION shortfall. Gee and I thought our Republican overlords were supposed to be fiscally responsible.