View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #63
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

If Malkin had removed the previous entries you would currently be lambasting her for whitewashing. And rightfully so. The stuff she posted and left up there is simply examples of Islamists threatening Norway. Hey, in case it turns out to be Islamist, here are the Islamists who threatened Norway.

She merely posted facts. Facts you do not dispute.

Was it wrong to suspect Islamists? No, everybody did, including Islamists and especially those Islamists who took credit. As my Arab friend said, and I posted to this thread:

Quote:
Even I, an Arab Muslim, was surprised and had been completely convinced that it was the work of Alqaeda or other fundamentalist Muslims. Does that mean that I am a self hater?

The lesson from Norway is that one shouldn’t rush to conclusions. But that can work both ways. If an observer assumed that the killer was a Muslim extremist, that doesn’t necessarily mean that the observer is a Muslim hater (or self-hater in my case).
Back on point, my question was:
Quote:
Do you have another example of a right winger who used this attack to deflect the issue to Muslim extremism?
Quote:
As I pointed out in my initial post, there were others (mostly speaking on Fox) that used the event to suggest that if Norway had been more involved in the US "war on terrorism", they would have been better prepared to respond.
The answer to my question: "No, I do not".

So what you're left with, at the end of all this, is some unnamed people saying things you think they said, on a channel you don't watch.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote