View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 09:52 AM   #7361
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Got an opinion in on 5 Live today.

It's a BBC Talk (and sport) radio station which we listen to all day every day here.
Well - I get bored when the sport is on, but I do sometimes listen to it in the evenings because it's a good indicator that I'm in the toilet or bathroom, but I'm mostly intersted in the talk side of things.

This is not Shock Jock radio - people with strong opinions get through, but not absolute fruitloops. All calls are screened and people with a coherent argument get to say their piece. I texted rather than called, and was amazed to hear my text read out. 5 Live has a huge listenership, but rarely covers things I can contribute to - although often I am interested in.

Julia Donaldson (author of The Gruffalo et al) was on - she's the Children's Laureate at present. Now I know how popular The Gruffalo is, and didn't think I had a chance, but sent in an anon text to say how much Tiger (description not name) adores the book and could not only recite it, but would copy the pictures, despite being unable to draw from imagination. And how proud that made him. She said that kind of feedback made her so proud.

11p very well spent.