View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #287
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

shed build project

As I promised, here is a photo diary of my shed build project. It took three days of hot, sweaty toil but it's done!

This first photo shows the beginning. Boxes of parts staged at the site.
link

The second photo shows the frame of the foundation built and levelled.
link

The third photo shows the foundation completed with my friend Anne driving in the last screws (yes, I used the proper deck screws for PT lumber).
link

Photo four shows the floor of the shed laid out and assembled and connected. Thus ended Day One of the project.
link

Day Two began bright and early to beat some of the brutal Texas heat.

Photo five shows the walls in place. The directions made it look SO easy! Just insert tab A into Slot B and snap into place. HAH!
link

Photo six shows the major roof panels in place. This ended Day Two.
link

Day Three opened early also. By noon the temperatures are above 100 degrees, requiring frequent cool off breaks and about three liters of ice water each day.

Photo seven shows the more of the roof and the doors installed.
link

Photo eight shows the end product after the last roof parts, skylights and smaller things like shutters in place. The shed has been shimmed to allow the doors to open and latch closed again, the windows to open and all the roof vents and screens installed.
link

I wish I could get the images to appear in the post like everyone else gets but I don't think I'm doing something right. All I get are tags.

Apologies to everyone for all the clicking.

Next time we order something like this, I will refuse to assemble it until the spring or fall.

Last edited by BrianR; 08-30-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: fixed broken link
BrianR is offline   Reply With Quote