View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #323
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Drumroll please...
I would like to introduce you to Messrs Tiger and Tennant!

I had permission to take photos of the children I saw at the Family Fun Day in Vale Park today.
After all, the organisers had their own photographers, and the Bucks Herald was there. But I was polite and checked with the parents anyway.

I went with Tennant's Mum, both Tiger's parents and his little sister (who we will call Kitty, because she's a kitten compared to him but it sounds a bit stripper-ish). We saw plenty of other people there - some children from our school (Tiger-Mum told a lot of people about it yesterday apparently) and my Grandad's ex-next-door-neighbour, who is Tiger's Grandmother. And one of Grandad's nurses, who is the mother of Tennant's mother's BFF from school.

I forget how many connections people make when they have children. This was pretty much my first exposure to it. Also it turns out Tiger-Grandmother used to live next door to my sister & family (not that side for those who remember) and Tiger-Dad came to do some repair plastering when the 'rents' bathroom flooded the downstairs toilet. Long before I moved back.

Small town. Never experienced that before either.

Anyway.
The parents parked at mine and we walked down to the Vale Park. Even with kids it's only about a 20 minute walk. The day was a joint event funded by a church coalition and the Council. Everything was free. There were some queues, but it was very well done.

Face painting, two bouncy castles, balloon modelling, sumo wrestling, BBQ (well, sausages and burgers on a grill) tea, coffee and cake, organised games. It was like being at Butlins in the 70s.

Tennant and Mum "making" a biscuit. Rich Tea biscuits (very plain cookies) with a shedload of icing, sweets, sprinkles etc to be lobbed on top. T gave me the "hair" which in my honour was a strawberry lace.

Tiger taking part in a sponge race. Run to the bucket, dunk your sponge, come back and squeeze it out in the bucket at the other end. Team with the most water wins, boys vs girls.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sundae; 09-03-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote