View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 03:54 PM   #329
SamIam

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Any of that in writing Sam? Is there a time card you punch or some paperwork you fill out? Grrr - this guy is pissing ME off and I'm not even involved.
Well thanks, Classic. I knew it would be cool to be a member of your clique!

The place grosses about $2,000/day, so there's no financial need to treat staff so poorly.

We fill in our time cards ourselves. I suppose buying a clock that would let us punch in officially would cost too much. Often the desk clerk is alone at the front counter, so there's no actual proof of how long we were there. Of course, Motel Maintenance Man immediately rats us out to the owner if we do something wrong. Naturally, mum's the word if we do something right. The other desk clerk could verify my hours because she was exhausted and called me to ask if I'd mind finishing her shift for her. But she's terrified of "Norman" and is a worse space cadet then I am, so...

If I just knew the computerized check-in and payment programs real motels use, I could apply to some ski resort outfits that are beginning to hire for the winter season, but true to form, all the Bates has is a manual system from the 1950's.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote