View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #339
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Licensing agreements for audiobooks.

Fucking annoyed I am.

Some months ago I bought the first book in a new series of books by Guillermo Del Toro (of Pan's Labyrinth fame) called The Strain. It was very good. Both myself and Mum really enjoyed it. At that point only the first was available on audio.

I checked audible for new releases as is my habit, and there was the third instalment of The Strain Trilogy. Ok, interesting, must have missed the second right?

Wrong. The second book (The Fall) is available on the US site, but not the Uk site.

I phoned customer service and was told about how sometimes the publisher will change midway through a series, or maybe it's an error, but he;d look into it.

I just got an amail from them thanking me for my enquiry and explaining that audiobooks are licensed by region. Apparently, I should log into the site rather than browse as a guest because that way i won't be troubled by listings for books that are not licensed to my region.

That was not the point of my complaint. Having books 1 and 3, but not book 2 was my complaint.

So, I just went checking anyway, and it turns out that all three books are the same publisher. So wtf?
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote