Thread: The New Bailout
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #201
SamIam

OK, I tried it tonight, and now it works. This morning I either had gremlins in my computer or quite possibly my brain.

That's a lot of info there and I just glanced through it. The author says 6 out of 9 studies show that the stimulus was effective. But he also notes that economists seem to have some quarrels with each other over which economic model to use or something.

Off topic but this finding interested me
Quote:
Aid to low-income people and infrastructure spending showed very positive impacts.
So, why does Congress want to throw low income Americans out to be food for the wolves again?

Anyhow. I didn't see anything that explained the incredible money to job ratio that you highlighted in your post. But I didn't read all nine studies - maybe buried away somewhere in one of them?

Say an average American made $40,000/year. At those costs, you could just directly give an unemployed worker that sum for anywhere from 10 - 34 years.

But if you looked at it like each worker has been placed in a $40,000/year job that s/he is going to keep for 20 years, get periodic pay increases, and pay taxes on - well then the numbers might make more sense.

I'm not much help, am I?

UT or tw needs to give you a reply.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote