View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #361
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

@Aliantha - they're not going to make any money on the sale. A short sale means the owner has a hardship and cannot keep up with his mortgage, so the mortgage holder has agreed to a sale for less than the mortgage. The owner gets to walk away without ruining his credit but he doesn't keep a dime.

@Spexxvet and Lamp - I don't want to buy the house. I have no ues for a 4 bedroom house after my oldest daughter moves out, which will probably be in the next couple of years. My financial plan calls for the purchase of a 2 bedroom condo/townhouse with a 15yr mortgage at a certain dollar amount, which is supposed to be paid off when I retire.

I don't blame the owner. He expressed that he really, really didn't want this. It happens all too often in this economy, I had just hoped this wouldn't happen to MY landlord.

We have 30 days notice requirements (both ways), once the lease expires the end of the month and hopefully, I can find another nice house. But it will still cost me a couple grand to get moved, unfortunately. And a lot of sweat!! A lot of people suggest I stop paying rent or not pay the last month's rent, but I won't do that. I always fulfill my legal obligations.