View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 05:53 AM   #373
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I tried to kick him out a few weeks ago and he got physical with me (he is 6'6") and threatened harm to me and my house. (specifically kicking the TV in) Then he went to make a move like he was going to kick it in and stopped mid-swing and then came up to me in a menacing way. I said, "get out," and he said, basically, "Make me!"

when he was 13 he suffered from psychotic depression. he was on an antidepressant and risperdal (antipychotic). He was on it for a year and saw a doc regularly. He was eventually weaned off and seemed fine. This is when the ocd (handwashing and fear of certain objects becasue they were "evil") started.

Last Feb. he started to have these thoughts (evil things) again. He saw three different docs who ALL said he should be on an antidepressant. He rejects that. he thinks it makes him less than a man to take meds (this shame is from his father who thinks anyone on meds is a goddamn baby, etc.) and he refuses to talk abou it - yelling at me when I try to bring it up that talking "only makes it worse," I am also NOT to interrupt him during one of his rituals. If I say, "That's enough handwashing" I am making it worse.

He won't sleep in his room/bed so uses my living room for his bedroom. all his shit is there, he sleeps on the couch. See - something is evil about his room/bed but I'm not allowed to know what is wrong or to even allude to it. I'm just supposed to bring his clean towels, soap and hundreds of dollars in water. The other day he washed his hands for half an hour.

I'm going crazy.

MY therapist says You are Responsible for Your Own Feelings. So - what do I do?????

eta - he's 20 now. And he goes to college and he works a small job as a magician. His father has kicked him out of his home because he couldn't stand the OCD shit so the kid, who before split his time between us, now is with ME all the time.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote