View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 10:05 PM   #6
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

Quote:
Originally posted by ladysycamore
Oh God, I have a reallly hard time when it comes to trust. It was bad enough when I found out that I couldn't completely trust my friends at one time. I now hold them at arms length (at least the ones that I still talk to), so I guess that would give someone some insight on how I'd feel in the event of an S.O. cheating on me. [/b]
I agree. Trust is hard to regain. Someone may promise you that s/he will never do it again, but wasn't the promise to be faithful implicit in the "we're exclusive" decision, or the marriage vows?

Don't get me wrong...I think that trust CAN be regained, but it takes a very long time, and it's not something that should be rushed. I mean, the cheating partner shouldn't just expect you to "get over it, because s/he doesn't intend to do it again"...trust has to be regained through demonstrating trustworthy behavior, consistently over a long period of time.

I've never cheated. I could never imagine doing something so hateful and hurtful to someone I purported to love. I've gotten damned drunk, but I've never been so drunk that I've "taken someone home," whether I was single or partnered. I can't imagine sleeping with someone unless you could see yourself still with them in five years, but that's just me. I was never a "play the field" kind of person to begin with. The whole idea of cheating is foreign and repellent to me. It's the ultimate slap in the face. Therefore, I wouldn't do it. I'd break up with the person first.

Quote:
Halle Berry said it best in the movie, "Boomerang":

"What do you know about love? What could you possibly know about love?!? You know, I'm sick and tired of men using love as if it's some disease you just catch. Love should have brought your ass home last night!!"

*gives ladysycamore a standing ovation for posting that quote, and files it away in her own collection*

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote