Thread: JIM!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #27
monster
I hear them call the tide

Which reminds me...... We don't have a trade-in. We wouldn't have had, even if I hadn't rearranged it in an interesting way. But our friends have this truck they no longer want/can't really sell.

It's a Toyota Tacoma, old, 104,000 miles, starts first time, every time, even in the cold.... but there was a recall on the frames because they rust out, when they took it in they were told they missed the cut off by three weeks, yes, their truck was condemned/would have been eligable for the buy-back, but they were too late. So now they can only sell it for parts or to someone who can fix the frame/is willing to take the risk (a mechanic friend took a look and told them it's probably got a couple of years left. probably)

but it drives really nicely. for a vehicle that age, etc.

Is there any chance they might get more money for it if we used it as a trade-in and gave them what we got? I'm thinking not, but I'm not exactly a seasoned car buyer and have never traded a car in......

....also, dear cognoscenti..... does one get a better trade-in offer if one is laying out more $$$?

tia