View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #13
Flint
Snowflake

Nope. Worst sounding headphones I've ever heard, and the insides of my ears feel like they've been ground into hamburger by having sandpaper jammed inside them.

These are NOTHING like foam earplugs. I wear foam earplugs every time I sit down at my drumset--I roll up the tip, place it in (note: don't have to CRAM it in) and hold it down for about 5 seconds while it expands and makes a seal. The foam tips on these earphones work nothing like that: can't roll up tight enough to fit in, don't go in far enough, and when they expand they get pushed out of your ear--they never make a seal. AND they fracking hurt like a son-of-a-bitch. The triple flange hurt even worse.

There are literally no bass frequencies produced by these drivers--no matter how far you cram them into your ear canal there is never a "magic seal" that corrects this. Placing even a moderate swell in the mid-bass of an EQ instantly produces a distorted, literally "blown" sound.

All I really wanted was to do my homework and listen to some Mozart, but I don't think I can stand trying to jab these things directly into my brain, just to get a few more db of isolation. And the crappiest sound quality ever. These things suck.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote