View Single Post
Old 02-08-2004, 10:31 PM   #5
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

You don't discuss, at least not with me. You make petty comments. My husband already told me that he asked you what the problem was, and you specifically told him that you didn't like me.

Therefore, it seems that your "discussions" are rooted not in a true desire for discussion, but in some weird desire to annoy me. If you have something relevant to say within a thread, then I have no problem having a discussion with you, whether we agree or not. But if you're just going to post things like,

"You got permission from the copyright holder to post the whole article, right?"

"My word, that's trivial.
You fact-checked all of that before you posted it, right?"

then why bother? That's not discussion. If you think it's trivial, then don't read it. If you think I'm lying or making it up, look it up before you make groundless and smart-ass comments. It's not rocket science.

I like to discuss, and I've been nice to you. But apparantly nothing I say is going to change your opinion of me. That's fine. I won't even bother trying anymore. No law says you have to like me. No law says I have to respond to your petty comments, either.

If you'd like to justify my attitude about this, to yourself, by saying that I can't deal with people having differing opinions, by all means, do so-- if that makes you feel better or if it's what you'd like to believe. You apparantly feel that I have to justify myself to you, and on that count, you're quite mistaken. The petty comments have, quite frankly, become tedious.

So post them if you feel you must. Everyone's gotta have a hobby. I'll save them up and start a "petty barbs" thread just for you, and see how many we can get per week.

If ya can't join em....laugh at em.

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote