View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #2871
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

Happy New Year, by the way...

Lamp, if by 'single payer insurance' you mean, "...one entity -- a government run organization -- collects all health care fees, and pays out all health care costs.", then I stand opposed for the same reason I stand opposed to any and all collected efforts that don't allow me to bow out and go it alone, that being (redundantly): the fuckers won't let me.

Not your job (or any one's) to care for me, pay for me, or provide a safety net for me. That's MY job.

Not my job (or any one's) to care for you, pay for you, or provide a safety net for you. That's YOUR job.

I wish all the busy-bodies would just butt out and leave me be.

You want I should sign a piece of paper absolving you and yours of any responsibility for me? Fork it over...I'll sign (as long as it's understood it's a two-way street...that is: you leave me be to sink or swim; I leave you be to sink or swim).

How folks come together voluntarily and organize themselves and care for each other is none of my concern...go as 'collectivist' as you like...just: leave me alone.

Stay out of my life, my business, my health, etc.

When and if I need a doctor (or any product or service, for that matter): that's my problem, not yours (and vice versa).