View Single Post
Old 01-04-2002, 06:07 AM   #9
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Talking

Hello all. I've finally decided to reveal myself. I'm LadySycamore, s.o. of Sycamore. I'll make this real brief, since I have to get ready for work in a few.

About SEPTA: Mmm..well, as a person who has to take a bus, the "L" (subway) and a trolley to get to work, I'll just say that it would take a TON of money for improvements. Syc and I miss the Metro in DC...we're spoiled I suppose. Hell, before riding the Metro, I hadn't been on a bus since I was...maybe 9 or 10 years old. I got my first car in 1987, and hadn't had a reason to take public transit, until I moved here to Philly. I'm used to it, but I'd still rather drive. Unlike some folk, I love to drive. Something about being behind the wheel and the road appeals to me.

So, that's my two cents about public transit. It's ok, but give me the keys to my car any day.

Peace ya'll.

~ladysyc69~

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"