View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
SamIam

Stay of execution

So, this morning when the owner of the Bates came in, I stopped him and asked him when I was scheduled to go to the guillotine because I really need to know what's going on. The owner looked at me funny when I brought up the guillotine thing, but he told me that I could work at the Bates for the "foreseeable future." That's a while, isn't it? A few more months at least?

On top of that the owner bestowed a job title upon me. Up to now, I've privately considered my job to be that of "temporary serf." However, the owner introduced me to someone this morning as "assistant relief desk manager." I'm a manager (assistant) now? My, my. I wonder what the owner is buttering me up for?

At any rate, this news has vastly improved my attitude - at least for now. Motel Maintenance Guy and I have even declared a truce since we discovered that we share a mutual dislike of Coworker.

Of course, I'm still working 14 hour shifts at minimum wage with no O.T. And the staying overnight thing for free has not been resolved. If Coworker wants to keep doing that, god bless her little boot licker soul. Better her than me. I'm just happy that I now have the opportunity to squirrel away money for gas and truck maintenance for next summer's escape adventures.

So, YAY! For the "foreseeable future," anyway.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote