View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 05:41 AM   #190
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Today I bought the ingredients for a new cake I am planning.

I intended to check the cupboards to see what we did and didn't have, but I put it off as too boring and then my parents were ready to go to the supermarket so I just jumped in the car with the ingredients list

So as it turned out I did not need to buy plain or self-raising flour or bicarbonate of soda. I'm going to keep the flour as it will be used - I intend to make this cake at least three times if all goes well. One practice at home this week, one for the staffroom when we return to school Monday-week, and one for the School Fayre.

The cream, the buttermilk, the eggs and the two types if sugar were valid purchases. This will be my first attempt at a ganache. I love the look of them, but if I don't succeed I'll go back to good old Betty Crocker, goes down just as well and is a lot cheaper after all.

The School Fayre isn't until May ( think) but I want to plan ahead. I will be revisiting the success of my Dalek cake and possibly some Banana Bread. No cupcakes or fairy cakes, they have far too many of them, it is the large handmade cakes that are in short supply.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote