View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #289
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

okie dokie. here we go again. the other day i went and bought a new dishwasher as ours died about a year and a half ago. i forgot to take pics of the removal of the old one but here is the installation of the new one. i took basic step by step pics to hopefully show someone that this is a project that is relatively easy, albeit could be difficult depending on your ability to turn wrenches, hammer to fit and paint to match. the washer was delivered this morning and right out of the box i saw that i was going to 1. have to go to home depot and buy a 3/4" to 3/8" elbow to hook up the water line and 2. improvise on hooking up the electrical. i improvised using a spare computer cord. i cut the end off and stripped it back about 1.5" - 2" or so then stripped back the 3 conductors to connect in the junction box under the washer. after twisting the wires (remember, black is the hot wire and white is the neutral) i used wire nuts and electrical tape to secure the nuts so they wont come loose through vibration of the unit. it's always a good idea to tape them regardless. after securing the electrical cord and attaching the drain hose extension i positioned the unit in it's little cubby hole but not all the way as to give room to work/connect shit. i fed the drain hose through the side of the cabinets and attached the hose to the disposal using a hose clamp. next connect the water feed to the unit. oh, don't forget to use Teflon tape on the fittings. after connecting, turn the water valve on and check for leaks now. it would suck to complete the installation then have to take it out because it leaks. after checking that push the unit in place an make sure it's level. after that secure the unit to the counter top and take the washer for a test run!

eta: oh yeah, don't forget to hook up the ground wire (green) to the unit junction box.
Attached Images

Last edited by plthijinx; 02-18-2012 at 03:29 PM.
plthijinx is offline   Reply With Quote