View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 01:02 AM   #28
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I met the CEO today. She apparently follows the In Search of Excellence philosophy of Management by Wandering Around.

She wandered into my department, was meeting here and there with people, and made a point of seeking me out, mentioning that she'd heard about me (hoo boy, the big boss lady knows about me already?! but at least it's in a good way).

I and another new hire in my department had search training yesterday. Basically, the head of security told me how to do what I already know how to do, and then offered a bag of clothing that had stuff hidden in it. Cleverly hidden.

The upside, I did very well, found all but one teensy little thing in the clothing, but made up for it by finding something missed by the other lady, who only found about half of her hidden objects.

The downside, I'm now cleared to do searches, which, since I'm the scut-monkey, means I'm going to be doing a lot of them.

What they really need is both a female and a male search tech on each shift, but I don't know if that's going to ever happen. Won't stop me from asking the boss-dude about it, though.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote