View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #46
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Last night I had occasion to call the old nuthouse. I needed a phone number that I was pretty sure they had, and so, I ended up talking to my old cow orker.

He is just as disgruntled as ever.

I, on the other hand, made sure to tell him that I was happy, yes, even dealing with the junkies, because they don't act like jerks like they are at the old nuthouse. And my new cow orkers are awesome, and that I get feedback from boss-dude, and I am valued for my abilities and experience. Oh, and I have a desk and a window and everything is all bright and well-ventilated.

In short, I told the absolute truth and in doing so, I rubbed it in. Hard.

He apparently tried to defend me during "the incident," pointing out to crankyboss that I hadn't done what I was accused of. He was told to speak of this no further.

I told him that while it all still hurt like hell, I'd found my peace with it, especially because of the opportunity it gave me to be with crazynuyrse nearly every single day.

And besides, I'm happy.

I didn't tell him they'd created a title and position just to bring me in to the rehab, though. I would have, but I didn't want the new cow orkers to hear me bragging.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote