View Single Post
Old 02-21-2004, 01:17 AM   #87
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally posted by staceyv
i am confident with myself. i know i am a good person, i respect myself, i have talents and abilities, i am intelligent, ...
In my thoroughly unprofessional opinion, I see a woman tortured by her past but who has a fundamentally sound psychological infrastructure. Sorry to sound so clinical but just callin' it like I see it. In my opinion, the news is good because while you might have some serious issues personally, your "core" is solid. If push comes to shove, blow off the marriage therapy for the personal therapy. Work through the "my mom is fucked up and fucked me up in the process (join the club)" and I guarantee the Arsen issue will pick up some serious clarity. I don't see how a couples therapist can help if you are still F'd up (I don't mean that in a bad way - just that you come first, the relationship comes second and the relationship will never be better than your own state of mind).

Don't be in a hurry, tho. These things take time. Don't be surprised if, in the process, you outgrow some things that you now regard as indespensible.

Your passion is admirable.