View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #216
monster
I hear them call the tide

Well they beat us, but only 3-1. They slaughter almost everyone else. Like 12-0. Polo Girl played at least half the game and had some great passes, defensive moves, an awesome steal and a really good drive. Coach put her in because one of the starter players had two kickouts (three is ejection from the game, so you save them for the important moments... and because she wanted a fast swimmer to replace her as trailer) but then said "well you didn't do anything wrong and did lots of things right so there was no reason to pull you back out".

So we went to the 3/4 place play-off game.

The River Rats -our local rivals and the othe =3 seed- who just beat us in the district finals last week (their only victory over us and a very slender one), were beaten in the semis too -by a team they should have walked over. So they joined us in the 3/4 game -our girls were happy, they wanted revenge.

I told Polo girl "coach kept you in for half of the hardest and best game of the season, maybe she'll start you". She was all "no, no-one but the A-line will be in in this game". She was right -but so was I. She started and played most of the game, and once we had it under lock and key, she was pulled out while the B-line got to play

So proud.