View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #88
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Thanks, that means a lot to me.

Well, I think my cow orkers were heard but I felt dismissed, when I brought up the regulatory issue I'm concerned about.

I don't know what will happen, if anything, but I can't live like this. I know what I'm doing. I have diverse knowledge because of the different areas I've worked in over the years. Yet what I say doesn't seem to matter. It not only doesn't seem to matter, there seems to be an almost pointed look that says "like you know what you're talking about..."

I don't know at what point in my life I became invisible, or insignificant. I used to be a person people looked to: for conversation, for answers or discussions, for advice. No one looks to me for anything, and sometimes I'm not even sure I exist. When did this happen? When did I become so inconsequential. I can't imagine feeling any worse than this feeling that I have nothing to offer anymore, to anyone. I used to be somebody, not somebody great or important in the grand scheme, but I was somebody to someone, for some things, and I felt respected.

Now I just feel like a pile of shit.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote