View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 11:43 PM   #49
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
1) You should be thankful that warch cares enough to put that out there;

1a) You should sincerely apologize to her;

1b) You should understand why, if she weren't married and truly in love with her spouse, and thus not a violation of decades of believing in each other, and half a country away, I would pursue her, because she's awesome;

2) You should understand why Dave could continue to ask "what did I do? what did I do?" knowing we weren't going to SAY IN PUBLIC;

2a) You should reassess your ability to figure people out;

3) You should be pissed at yourself for believing that the Cellar would be anything different after the fact;

4) You should understand why moderation is necessary and why a completely free message board is utopian and maybe even undesireable;

5) If you said you were gonna outright leave, you BETTER outright leave, because you're in such deep contempt right now that I.... let's just say this keyboard might need replacing.
Who is 'you'? Is 'you' me?

What are you going to do if I don't leave? Delete my posts?

I don't understand why you're so mad at me. You're really beating your keyboard? What did I do to incite this? I really would like this explained, as I've always attempted to avoid behavior that I thought would create such a reaction in anyone.

I guess to avoid redundancy, I'll attempt to guess your answers.

"You tried to figure me out!"

Oh, horror of horrors. So what? I can't be wrong? What's so bad about telling me I'm wrong, I accept it, and we both move on? It could have been that simple. It's not as if I'm holding the torch for some ill-concieved idea. I simply asked if it was true, and you got all offended. It wasn't a claim, it was a question.

Furthermore, I see nothing wrong with trying to understand people's motivations. At least I was man enough to ask you if I was right, instead of assuming so and not telling you. I knew that doing so would be a sure way to become a fool, so that's why I brought it up.

If you plan on deleting any thread that goes in a "negative direction", then the Cellar is destroyed in my mind. You might as well change the name and add avatars -- it wouldn't be the same. I don't want to leave, but if that is your plan, then I must, because it's no longer the Cellar.

I've thought about it a lot, though, and I could forsee a situation where I might react the same way if there was a discussion about my personal life. I still think that a better solution would have been to selectively delete posts and lock the thread. If it's only your plan to delete threads of a <i>highly</i> personal nature, then I suppose that I might be able to live with that. Not that you care, because you hate me, for some unknown reason..?

Anyway, sorry to post after I said I wouldn't. Don't worry.. until I'm sure that my posts won't be deleted at UT's whim, I won't post outside this thread. I sometimes spend hours composing posts. It simple isn't possible for me to invest that amount of time knowing they might be deleted. And I wouldn't invest less, because shitty posts just wouldn't be Juju.

Last edited by juju; 02-23-2004 at 11:53 PM.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote