View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #8084
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinhouston View Post
Yes and the cars and roads are smaller as well! I drove on some roads in Wales that were barely one car width wide! You just prayed that no one was rounding the bend going very fast.
Lot of the roads round here are like that :P Often bordered either side by dry stone wall. Nowhere to go lol. You just kin of hope that there's a break in the wall for a farm gate set back a little so you can pull in if anything is coming the other way.

Mum refuses to come via the back street to my house if she's dropping stuff in or picking me up, because if another car comes whilst she's waiting she has to reverse her car for a long stretch of narrow and slightly bending lane :p

You're probably right about shopping though. At least...for some parts of the States. I suspect it depends how conveniently placed the shops are. Very few people live far from shops and supermarkets here. There really isn't the space for sprawling suburbs. Some rural areas can be tricky, but even then we're not talking US grade distance :p
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote