View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #38
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Sorry to hear this, Tony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
but goddammit this woman gained 100 pounds during our time together and i was nothing but supportive about whatever decisions she made about it. somehow she still got mad at me and needed me to change. i don't know what a relationship is any more. it's not showing love. whatever that is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
whenever I'm pointing the finger of blame at someone, I've got three fingers pointing back at me. I LOVE to externalize my problems on to other people. Food for thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
it's probably more about her than you.

Some people -when they realise they are unhappy with themselves/their lives- go for the jugular as a quick answer -get rid of everything and all will get better.

Maybe she realised you noticed the 100lb. Probably easier to get rid of you than that.... Maybe you don't care about the 100lb, but if she did (deep inside), doesn't matter what you thought.....
I agree with Bri and Monster. It could very well be externalized self-loathing. I've been there. On both ends.