View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
kerosene
Touring the facilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
From kinder to second, I went to a private school where bringing your own lunch wasn't an option (nobody had food allergies back then,) and they would physically make everyone take a bite of nasty-ass overcooked spinach when it was served.

From 3rd to 6th, I went to a public school that had this rule that you could not buy more than one chocolate milk carton. So I had my mom send an empty bottle in my soft-sided lunchbox, and I would buy one chocolate and one white milk and mix them together so that I had twice as much chocolate milk.

Once I got to junior high they offered random crap beyond the balanced tray meals, like Frito pie and chocolate chip cookies. So I ate that every single day for 3 years, until my friends were old enough to drive and we would go off-campus.
School cafeteria food was abysmal in all 6 of the elementary schools I went to...except for the first one where my aunt was the cook for some 30 kids from K-6. Food there was good. Jr. High got significantly better...I bought funyuns and blue slushie every day until I had the flu one day and I haven't had funyuns or blue slushie since.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote