View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #105
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I have promised to teach quietgirl how I work my magick with insurance companies. I don't actually know how I manage to get them to agree to pay for some of the most awfully poor clinically supported admissions, but I usually do. I know at least some of it has to do with what I call "the shmooze."

I rarely get full-out denials of care. Sometimes, you can't help it, because most care managers won't or aren't allowed to see past the criteria they work with, but some of them become more willing to do so if they like you. Most of the time if I can get a giggle out of them, I can get money out of them.

I shall teach the young padawan-learner, if I can figure out how I do it.

She was also talking about her embarrassment related to the usual insurance company question of "and what are your creditials?" She has a high school diploma, and, despite being very good at her job, gets thrown by this question because she hasn't got an advanced degree.

I am making her a certificate. It is very fancy, and declares that she is to be entitled to and accorded all of the rights and privileges of having conferred upon her the status of "NOOAI."

A presenter at a conference I went to had this after his name on his title card of his powerpoint. He was a cop. A good cop, but a cop. Academy graduate, but not a college guy.

He clued us in to the meaning near the end of the conference ... "No One Of Any Importance." Everybody else presenting was a PhD or LCSW or MD, and he wanted to have some letters too.

I hope that this does not backfire and hit her right in her self-esteem issues. She does have a pretty good sense of humor, though. She carries a Spongebob messenger bag and on dress-down days has been known to wear Spongebob flannel jammie pants and UGG-like slippers, because they are comfy.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote