View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #219
Griff
still says videotape

I think we all need to accept that people are impacted by alcohol in different ways. Maybe we need to get over labels if they're getting in the way. The AlkiŽ experience can be different. I wouldn't want Bri's experience as the spurs are in pretty deep. My experience has been less traumatic but I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I have no need for a label, you can have it, but I still can't have a drink. I simply can't. Reading back through this thread, I see my post about Anna Quinlin having a very similar relationship to alcohol as I do. For both of us it is wound up in Roman Catholic bullshit so naturally I'm not going to embrace any GodŽ driven way of dealing with it. If God works for you keep with it, but understand that for some of us putting the responsibility on something other than ourselves is what got us into difficulty in the first place. If you want to limit your personal definition of alcoholism to people with the exact experience as you, fine enjoy your club, but minimizing others pain is pretty goddamned selfish.