Thread: Election 2012
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #156
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Taking quotes out of their context, as always.

Quote:
"(Romney) is going to let the big banks once again write their own rules, unchain Wall Street," Biden said at a campaign event in Danville, Virginia. "He is going to put y'all back in chains."

Biden later clarified the remarks at an event in Wytheville, Virginia suggesting his comments were in reference to House Speaker John Boehner's use of the word 'unshackled' in talking about Ryan's House budget proposal.

"The last time these guys unshackled the economy, to use their term, they put the middle class in shackles. That's how we got where we are," said Biden.

"And I'm told that when I made that comment earlier today in Danville, Virginia, the Romney campaign put out a tweet. You know, tweets these days? Put out a tweet, went on the airwaves saying, 'Biden, he's outrageous in saying that,' I think I said instead of 'unshackled,' 'unchained.' 'Outrageous to say that," said Biden. "That's what we had. I'm using their own words. I got a message for them. If you want to know what's outrageous, it's their policies and the effects of their policies on middle class America. That's what's outrageous."
I don't assume when someone says y'all or even 'you people' (as in you people are ruining MY LIFE...oft heard phrase in my business) to mean black people. THAT'S outrageous in a overly PC when it suits you kind of way.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ins/?hpt=hp_t2
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote