Thread: Election 2012
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #4
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Funny how he has discovered the importance of creating jobs in America since he started running for President. Maybe If he and his ilk had taken that stance earlier instead of outsourcing as much as they could to low wage earners in developing economies, their country wouldn't be suffering the way that it is.
I actually wouldn't blame Romney or Bain for the outsourcing.

Right now we are living an increasing competitive globalized world and many of the jobs that were available 20 years ago are disappearing because of the competitiveness. To put it in wording that favors Bain, Bain capital took failing companies, reworked them, and (sometimes) made them successful again. When they "reworked them", they usually cut higher paying jobs and replaced them with minimum wage jobs or outsourcing. While it is obviously bad for the middle class, I see that "reworking" as more reactionary to the current global economic climate then anything else. If this reworking didn't happen, there is a good chance the companies would fail and the jobs would have been lost anyways.

However, I don't see any of this as reasons why Romney should be president.