View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #3211
monster
I hear them call the tide

For those who have never been to a high school swim and dive meet, they're weird. They swim 4 events, then stop. They move the lane lines, the divers warm up and they do the diving. I'm bored. There are 8 divers tonight, 6 dives each. when this is all over in like half an hour, they'll put the lane lines back in and the swimmers will warm up again and the swim meet will resume. In each meet there are 3 relays and 10 individual events. The diving -which takes at least 30 minutes -did I mention that- is just ONE of these individual events. Divers will earn a maximum of 15 points for their team. Out or a maximum possible 180. Half a stinking hour, one quarter of the way through the meet. nuts.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, this meet is a given, so they're swimming off events. Swimmer girl is in the 50 free and the backstroke (her worst events). In an olympic competition suit. yes. it's rather strange. They only wear them at championships. Not backwater 3rd division dual meets. I guess she's an official tester. hope she gets to keep it Didn't do anything for her 50 free time, though

Did I mention I'm bored? During the diving. I think we're on the second round now......