Thread: Naughty Naughty
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I don't know what that means- golf clap. Like a really quiet clap? Is this your way of insulting me? If so, it's not really specific, is it? And I didn't post it for YOU anyway. I posted it for me.

i thought it was cute. And fun. I like cute and fun. I also like my reading materials, esp. if they are 'creative' - to be short. you see, jbk, Brevity is the soul of wit.

I never read long poems, even if it's by Tennyson or Byron (hell, I never read Byron at all) or even long poems by people I really love (to read) b/c, frankly, a poem should be a condensed version of some experience or thought or whatever. If you want to write an epic or even a three-pager, unless it's pretty damn thrilling I'm not going to read it. I studied 19th C. British texts (gawd awful!) 19th C. British novels (Jane Austen - I CAN"T STAND HER!; or Dickens; Wilkie Collins was...okay) and 19thC. poetry. Oh, lord. Keats was the only one I could really stand and i think that's coz he died so young he didn't have time to get tedious.

I like Oscar Wilde. I like charming versus tedious. If I have to slog thru a rats nest of esoteric meaning or some complicated manufactured feeling to read a poem I'll just skip it and go to the limerick. Esp. the dirty ones. It must be the Irish tavern wench in me.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum

Last edited by Trilby; 10-29-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote