View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 11:13 AM   #29
Kitsune
still eats dirt

As the lesbian daughter of a woman who once told me that she would love me no matter what and support me in all I do, I can't help but wonder if she would continue to feel this way if I tell the truth. I'm actually scared to find out.

This is not even remotely going to parallel the stress of the situation you are faced with, but I feel somewhat similar anxiety when it comes to dealing with my boss. I have a great fear that if he ever found out that I didn't subscribe to the beliefs of the church that I would probably be fired. He is, as are the other members of the group, very kind people, but it is generally accepted that the entire group is composed of god-fearing, church-going people. One person is quite openly not one of these, as he is Indian and has annouced his Hindu beliefs, and this poor guy gets no work, no praise, and was recently pushed off into the corner of the building where no one has to deal with him. I think during the next round of cuts he'll be the next to go.

Without saying anything, I think everyone has made the assumption that I go to church and think along the same lines they do. I'd prefer it stay that way.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote