View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #29
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

If you saw the Karl Rove meltdown video, and I know you did, here's the reason why.

Quote:
Many of the lightning bolts were aimed at none other than Karl Rove, the former Bush administration political genius who oversaw the deployment of nearly $400 million in campaign spending through outside groups American Crossroads and Crossroads GPS toward the presidential race and toward numerous Senate and House races.
"The billionaire donors I hear are livid," one Republican operative told The Huffington Post. "There is some holy hell to pay. Karl Rove has a lot of explaining to do … I don't know how you tell your donors that we spent $390 million and got nothing."
So the Citizens United Supreme Court decision turned into a 400 million dollar money hole (and that's just Karl Rove's part, the complete total is closer to 700 million) that big Republican donors filled, with the end result that Obama is still president and the Democrats actually picked up Senate seats.

I weep for them, really I do.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote