View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 01:29 PM   #5
mrnoodle
bent

But do pagans ask for the intervention of their deities in their daily lives, or do they just pay ritual homage to them? That would affect the relationship a great deal. You don't have to fear something that lacks the power to influence you in any meaningful way.

On the other hand, a god with real power would be worthy of fear and unquestioning obedience, particularly if that god had specifically requested it from his creation. BTW, the 'fear' I'm referring to is more akin to a deep sense of awe than to 'omg please don't kill me i don't wanna die' fear.

Like I said, I'm aware of the energies you refer to. But I'm equally aware, in the same real sense, of the truth of the Creator, and the inspired nature of the bible as his word. To tie it back to ShatteredSoul's comment, once I'm aware of this truth, I can't ignore it. For me, to simply pay respects to the physical world around me (including it's mystical/spiritual component) is missing the boat. It's akin to only drinking the foam on top of the beer. The good part is underneath the foam, dude.

Actually, I believe I will go have a beer right now