View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #72
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post

Quote:
A woman who doesn't nag or criticize? Now that's a fantasy.
Not true. Maybe I got the last one. But I sincerely doubt it.
No, it appears I've found one too.

Quote:
there is value in taking the time to become content with one's self, on one's own. I gave myself one year, by the clock, before I actively dated. It was a good idea, it worked pretty well, season to taste.
Absolutely, being driven by...
1- The desire to make up for wasted time,
2- The desire to show the world (her) that you can be half a good relationship,
3- The desire to lose the loneliness that comes with a bad marriage, but "real men" don't acknowledge ,
4- Wanting sex, even though they know they were getting more dating around than in a steady relationship,
5- Other singular reasons,
...the danger of jumping from the frying pan into the fire, or more likely another frying pan, is huge.

You've got a handle on what she did that made you unhappy, but do you really know what you do want?
Ok, you want to be happy, but do you know what it will take, not just what you don't want, but what you do want.?

I think the only way to decide what you want the future "her" to add to your life and what you are willing to give up in trade, is to live single for a bit and see what you like and dislike about it.
You can date, even have them stay over a night or two. That way you learn how much you resent, if at all, the inevitable intrusion, the interruption of a comfortable routine. Finding a "her" that doesn't mind if you fart, is not the end all, be all.