View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #338
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Glad to hear he's come to grips with the OCD, one way or another. He does look very happy in his new situation. Good for you, Tril.
You know, after I posted that he had crippling OCD so I kicked him out I realized that sounded rather cruel if you didn't know the machinations I went thru to get that boy help. Three different docs told him he had OCD and here's the med for it---he refused the med and disparaged all three docs with , "They think I'm crazy!!!" I was there in the room with them. Nobody said 'crazy' at all. He refused to go to a therapist I offered to pay for----and a good one, at that, which is no easy feat to find. Refused. When he came at me, all 6' 6" of him, I told him to get out or I'd call the police. He was pissed and that was all last Jan. He's seeing a therapist on his own now but I am forbidden to talk / ask about it, which is fine. Once he didn't have a punching bag to blame all his mojo on he had to deal with it. That's how all that came about.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote