View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #346
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Actually the OCD helps with the training---doing the same trick over and over and over until it's perfect. It's the "magic" rituals that finally got to me. If he enters a certain room he has to do a ritual with his feet or hands (something he thinks other people don't notice but I notice) and he's weird about food (as you can see he's a bit on the thin side) all he has to do is take one little pill a day and these compulsions would go away but he won't do it. He thinks he should be able to OUT THINK his own brain wiring. Like a depressed person willing themself out of depression. All I know is that willing yourself out of chemical nuttiness doesn't work BUT he is better.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote