Thread: RV vacationing
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
So it's official, Mr. Clod and I have rented an RV for Spring Break. One of his coworkers who also has special needs kids convinced us it was THE way to vacation with kids who don't travel well. It has a fully-functioning kitchen, so I can keep cooking all their food throughout the week, and we're really excited about the potential.

But there's a lot of "potential" to sift through. Anyone have experience with this kind of trip? We ordered a free book from the Texas tourism board that includes all the RV parks and rest stops where you can dump your gray water, and I assume other states have similar publications, but we don't even really know where we're going to go yet. There are a lot of nice little caves around here that we can do a day tour through, and I've found this quirky tourist attraction site. Any other tips? The kids are 6 and 4 now, and they like the outdoors, but the little one wears out pretty easily.
but we don't even really know where we're going to go yet.

that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

The one thing I learned from living in a van for 3 months.... well.. one of the one things....

...is that if you try to make an itinerary, and keep it, you feel rushed the whole time, and you WON'T feel like you're on vacation at all. Keep your plans as loose as possible, and keep your mind open to distractions and tangents while you're out there. Often, the most fun is had doing spontaneous things. Maybe decide on two or three main destinations that you want to see, but leave the in between up for the whims that take you.

do you have a picture of the RV or type of RV you'll be in?