View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 07:51 AM   #48
Fireman
Paramour of Paradigm

Undertoad-

Thank you for your support. I appoligise if I seemed out of line to some people. But you are right. People need to see with their own eyes what we go through here, not just what the media shows. I bet that half of the people back home dont know about the Operation Back To School, do they. The engineer rebuilt run down schools that didnt have good desks, or blackboards even. No air conditioning, or even a safe playground. I will refer agein to the little girl in the statue, at the opening of the rebuilt school, there was a little girl there, I keep her in mind all the time. Being a father myself a 4 year old daughter, the look on this little girls face was precious, the look of surprize, and happieness still plays on my mind. I tear and swell with pride that we, as Americans helped brighten the future of these children. If I can just reach some of the people thar critisize us out here, sacrificing our life and our freedom, and our families back home that make the same sacrifice in different ways. I know that I will always remember that little girl for the rest of my life, and that is why that statue will always be a symbol of the sacrifices made in this war for both sides. Thank you for your time.

Semper Princeps