View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #8996
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

She said she was going to tell her father and me 'when she visits' - although there is no date set for a visit. I know. A month. You'd think she could have called ... I always figured at least that. My ex actually asked my parents' blessing before we became officially engaged. So much for that idea.

Her father and I haven't even met this guy, she's only been dating him a few months. Maybe we were going to find out when the invitation came in the mail.

And just now, she's put up a formal announcement on Facebook but hasn't told her father yet. Someone at the hospital is going to end up congratulating him and he won't even know. She's linked to so many people in that small town, someone will pick it up. He's working tonight ... what a way to find out that your daughter is engaged.

eta - Damn fb to hell, anyway. I just realized my mother and sisters will be calling me, all excited. My mother JUST got a fb account. This will be front and center on all their news feeds next time they log on ... I haven't even processed it yet, I can't cope with family questions. I feel sick.

Last edited by orthodoc; 02-24-2013 at 08:41 PM. Reason: more developments
orthodoc is offline   Reply With Quote