Thread: Unfit For Work?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #9
wolf
lobber of scimitars

About half of my patients are on medicare. They are generally under 40 years of age, and have no physical health concerns. They have never been in a psychiatric hospital, nor have they been medicated for an indentifiable psychiatric illness.

They are on disability because they are junkies, and promised half of their start-up lump sum back payment to a "disability attorney."

I sincerely dislike seeing my tax dollars at work in this way.

I know a lot of very seriously mentally ill people who NEED to be on disability. they are so crazy that simple manual labor is beyond their capabilities. But not these folks.

Now, of course, being a junkie really is a full time job. You don't have any time left to do anything but steal shit or prostitute for enough money to buy drugs, and then there's all the time spent finding a place to shoot up, and surely, they are running quite a few infection control risks, and then they nod out for hours before they have to start the whole cycle again.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote