View Single Post
Old 01-13-2002, 12:30 AM   #7
juju
no one of consequence

If they don't want people to smoke, then they should just make the damned things illegal. Heroin is illegal. Do you think if heroin were legal that these types of tactics would work to get people to quit? I seriously doubt it.
<br>
Hehe... BTW -- Denis Leary has a good bit about this too. Check it out (I know, I know, i'm stealing his intellectual property. Sorry Denis!):

<i>Doesn't matter how big the warnings are. You could have cigarettes that were called "Warnings." You could have cigarettes that come in a black pack, with a skull and a crossbone on the front, called "Tumors" . . . and smokers would be lined up around the block going, "I can't wait to get my hands on these fucking things! I bet you get a tumor as soon as you light up! Numm Numm Numm Numm Numm . . ." Doesn't matter how big the warnings are or how much they cost. Keep raising the prices, we'll break into your houses to get the fucking cigarettes, okay? They're a drug, we're addicted, okay? Numm Numm Numm Numm Numm (Wheezes) I'm a little hyped up tonight. Little hyped up. Smoked a nice big fat bag of crack right before the show. (Screaming)ARRGGGHHH!</i>

Last edited by juju; 01-13-2002 at 12:33 AM.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote